Monday, August 11, 2008

Continuing...

Aright, so we're at this point, the summer's almost over...time for a reality check.

"$00pah NiN10Doh!" probably won't be out by this month. I'm pushing for everyone on board, including myself, to finish all of their segments, but honestly I don't think it's gonna happen. I was hoping it'd be released by mid-summer, but by the time the convention swung around I knew that wasn't gonna happen, so I aimed for August.

More importantly (I guess?), the Rangers Movie is continuing to be worked on and I'm currently animating Scene 4 (out of 5). This one I DEFINITELY wanted to be out by the end of the Summer, or more likely the very beginning of September. Yet again, honestly, s'probably not gonna happen. I've finished plenty of work for $00pah NiN10Doh!, but the Movie needs to come first since I'm in serious need of money for college.

Now for the big one, in regards to the Parody Rangers Feature Movie as a whole.

I'm not going to bore you all with details, nor do I feel like sharing them here, but long story short: a LOT of stuff has happened since San Diego Comic-Con. Some of that "stuff" has forced me to also take a major reality check on the Parody Rangers "franchise" (I use that term EXTREMELY lightly) overall...that being, it's really not that good in the first place. In fact, many of the reasons people like it in the first place, are things that have nothing to do with me. There's quite a bit of meaning behind that statement alone.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate when anyone enjoys anything I've done, regardless of how I feel about it. Nevertheless, my feelings have changed, plus, as previously mentioned, I don't wanna be doing this forever. I genuinely WANT to finish both of these projects I'm working on currently, in case of the Movie being all three parts of it. There's a slim, SLIM chance that Part 1 of the Movie may be the only part that is actually finished and submitted, however I'm not aiming for this outcome. I'd much rather complete the movie in its entirety and complete the "story". That's more likely to happen, but I'm putting that possibility out now, so you're aware.

I know a lot of this is a bit vague and I apologize for that. Bear with me for a bit longer and I'll hope for the best. What's relevant about this post, I guess you could say, is that hopefully Part 1 will be finished and released by September, while $00pah NiN10Doh! follows soon after.

1 comment:

Michael J. Ruocco said...

Yay, more time for me to finish my 2nd segment. But don't worry Kirb, I'll try to get it done FAR in advance this time.

& I'm looking forward to Part 1 of the Parody Rangers movie. You've done a lot of hard work & spent a lot of time on it, so it's bound to be phenomenal. Keep it up my good sir!